NNL: NNL Withdraws Aklosendi FC, Cancel All Their Matches
By Omolagba Oluwayemi
The management of the second tier of Nigeria club football, the NNL have withdrawn the participation rights of Aklosendi FC of Nasarawa State, BSNSports.com.ng reports.
The club who have failed to honour two consecutive league games were withdrawn for a breach of the NNL constitution and in the same vein, FC Taraba will now play their home games behind closed doors at the Tafawa Balewa Stadium, Bauchi. FC Taraba were initially banished to Aper Aku Stadium, Markurdi in Benue State.
The NNL news snippets also contains some stern warnings to clubs and officials who in time past were caught for unruly behaviours.
The NNL News Snippet Reads Thus:
- Aklosendi Int’l FC has been withdrawn from the 2020-2021 Season for failing to honour two consecutive games.
This is in line with article 14.11.Also Aklosendi till date have not honoured any of their league lfixtures afterward.
- All matches involving Aklosendi played and unplayed have been cancelled according to the rule book.
- FC Taraba are now to play their next three homes matches at the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Stadium, Bauchi and not At the Aper Aku Stadium, Makurdi, Benue State where they were earlier banished to. All their games will be played strictly under closed doors.
- Assistant coach of Kogi Utd ,Musa Abubakra has been issued a stern warning to stay off from unruly behaviors and acts capable of bringing the league to disrepute.Coach Musa Abubakra’s conducts during their last game against Road Safety had little to be desired.
- Road Safety FC have also been issued a final caution to conduct themselves better in their subsequent games or face hammer from the league. The behaviour of the team during their game against Kogi Utd left much to be talked about.