- by Blackcoin ,
- Oct 12, 2025
null
NFF Unaware of Any Chelle/Marseille Agreement - Sanusi
By Niyi Busari
The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has dismissed reports linking Super Eagles head coach Eric Chelle with a move to Olympique de Marseille, stating that it is unaware of any contract agreement between the parties, BSNSports.com.ng reports.
Speculation intensified on Monday following widespread online claims that the Franco-Malian tactician had signed a one-and-a-half-year deal with the Ligue 1 side. However, NFF General Secretary Dr. Mohammed Sanusi refuted the reports, insisting the federation has no knowledge of such an arrangement.
“As far as I know, there is nothing like that. We are not aware of any contract between Chelle and Olympique Marseille,” Sanusi told BSN Sports.
The clarification comes amid persistent rumours regarding Chelle’s future, with the coach reportedly attracting interest from clubs abroad. Despite the speculation, NFF President Ibrahim Gusau recently reaffirmed his confidence that Chelle will honour his existing contract, which runs for another year.
“He is still with Nigeria and has one more year on his contract with the Super Eagles,” Gusau said last week, reiterating that the coach remains committed to his role.
Chelle, who guided Nigeria to a third-place finish at the 2025 Africa Cup of Nations in Morocco, continues to lead the national team amid ongoing discussions about its future direction.
0 Comments:
Leave a Reply